How do you build a bridge across a raging torrent? Digging a caisson is deep and dirty work, but that is where the bedrock is found. This program digs deep into the essence of human experience: suffering and solace, praise and celebration, conflict and reconciliation, life and death. The music represents songs and dances from the Middle East taken from Arab and Jewish cultures and inspired by poems of transcendant clarity that bring understanding and helaing.
- Lullaby and Doina — Osvaldo Golijov
- Improvisation — Issa Boulos
- Folk Song Set 11B/15 — Reza Vali
- Consolation — David Schiff
- Open Secret — Behzad Ranjbaran
- Text — Rumi
- Issa Boulos, oud virtuoso
- Chicago Chamber Choir, Timm Adams, Dir.
Location: Ravinia Festival - Martin Theater