7:00 PM Pre-show at the lobby/front entrance
7:30 PM Concert
9’ish Post concert reception & meet with the artists/composers.
Take this outrageous trip across the ever-changing landscape of new art music. Inspired by the sounds of Motown and Led Zeppellin this one-time event combines Fluxus Theatrics with the best of Chicago’s Brass, Percussion, and Electronics.
- George Brecht/FLUXUS
- Motor Vehicle Sundown Event – 50th Anniversary
- Michael Daugherty – Motown Metals
- David Lang – Anvil Chorus (watch preview here)
- Yan Maresz – Metallics for trumpet and surround-sound electronics (Chicago Premiere)
- Stefan Freund – Metal
- Mark Anthony Turnage – Out of Black Dust
- Simon Anderson & the Chicago Fluxus Ensemble
- Stephen Burns, Christopher Martin, trumpet
- Jeff Handley, Tina Laughlin, percussion
Photo courtesy of Michael Daugherty
Location: Harris Theater for Music and Dance