Contract Grant Writer
Fulcrum Point New Music Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a Chicago leader of diverse new music; presenting multi-media performances, generating educational programs, as well as commissioning and recording innovative works.
The organization seeks a Contract Grant Writer, which is an hourly position requiring a commitment of an average of 20 hours per month depending on the deadlines. The position reports to the Executive Director and involves close collaboration with the Artistic Director.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting all grant materials, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Writing letters of interest/inquiry;
- Working with staff to obtain information to identify program-related funding opportunities and ensure compliance with grants received;
- Assisting with the collection of outcomes to measure and report on program impact in support of funded grants;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining a calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research and identifying new funding opportunities;
- Prioritizing activities to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Three or more years of grant writing experience with demonstrated success
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and able to efficiently seek and synthesize necessary information
- An interest in new music and the ability to attend programs are preferred
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and hourly rate to email@example.com.
Fulcrum Point New Music Project offers ongoing internships for college students and young professionals who are interested in acquiring hands-on experience in this exciting industry. A commitment of three months is ideal.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If interested, please email your resume with cover letter to Fulcrum Point’s Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. Interviews will be arranged for suitable candidates. Our office is located downtown in the loop.
Candidates will ideally work 12-16 hours a week.
R. Scott Appleby, Director of the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies
Dave Belden, actor
Rabbi Philip Bentley
Kathy Brock, narrator
David Cortes, photographer
The Chicago Humanities Festival
Chicago International Film Festival
City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs
Sonam Dhargye, Buddhist monk
The Harris Theater for Music and Dance
Mae I. Jefferson, Partnership Coordinator, Department of External Resources and Partnerships, Chicago Public Schools
Rabbi Steven Stark Lowenstein
Luna Negra Dance Theater
The Piano Haus
Rt. Rev. Victor Scantlebury
The Spertus Institute
Artwork created by students of the Snow City Arts Foundation
Simms Taback, special guest narrator and Caldecott Award Winning Author/Illustrator
Studs Terkel, narrator
The Nature Conservancy
Thodos Dance Chicago
Prajwal R. Vajracharya, Dance Mandal
David Wiesner, narrator
Ed Young, special guest narrator and Caldecott Award Winning Author/Illustrator