Fulcrum Point New Music Project offers ongoing internships for college students and young professionals who are interested in acquiring hands-on experience in arts administration, especially related to arts marketing and public relations. A commitment of three months is ideal.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passion for new art music
- Interest in working in nonprofit arts administration
- Interest in marketing or public relations
- Experience in arts administration
- Occasional free lunch
- Ability to meet leaders in Chicago’s new art music scene
- Access to free marketing workshops
- Learn vital administrative, marketing, and event management skills that can be included in resumes and used in future careers.
If interested, please email your resume with cover letter to Fulcrum Point’s Marketing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Interviews will be arranged for suitable candidates. Our office is located downtown in the loop.
Candidates will ideally work 12-16 hours a week.
“Now, here I am approaching my last week at Fulcrum Point snacking on a Jimmy Johns sandwich reflecting on what I’ve learned at Fulcrum Point and how I’ve grown as a person and an arts administrator. Besides making wonderful new friends, I have learned the importance of connection and inclusion in a marketing setting. Posting a score to a piece cannot not fully understood by someone who cannot read music. A video without captions has no opportunity to connect with someone who is deaf and relies on captioning to consume content. Content, whether it be a promo video of a concert or a picture of musicians, must be accessible to everyone, giving them the opportunity to have a personal connection with your organization.”
–Kelly Dennis, Fulcrum Point Intern, 2017
Sonam Dhargye, Buddhist monk